The beauty of 'Little Acorn' is how isolated it feels from the rest of the world. Even though the mainline station of Truro is barely 20minutes drive away, we are tucked away down a half mile long track with sea glimpses en route, sitting in our own protected woodland next to a wildlife reserve. Being just a couple of miles from the surfing beaches of West Cornwall it explains why it took us nearly four years to find just the right place as well as one we could afford!
Little Acorn is a place where there really is space to stop doing and to simply be for a while. The nearest street light is over a mile away and the nearest proper road is at least half a mile. The retreats are intentionally small with a maximum of five participants.
For three nights / four days we invite you to come and just be in this space - starting and ending each day with an hour long guided meditation amongst the trees - either outside if the weather allows or in our own meditation room looking over the woodland. There will also be one breathwork session during your stay which you are welcome to join.
No doubt there will be questions about your own practice and we will always find time for these; if you want to spend the rest of the day simply reflecting in stillness then there are plenty of spots in our woodland, the rarely visited nature reserve next door or the nearby coast to sit or walk undisturbed. Generally if the weather is fine we all go for a walk to a nearby beach or two together.
A healthy vegan breakfast, lunch (packed to take out if your prefer) and dinner is included so you are able to totally switch off for a few days and re-energise.
As with all of our past retreats though the choice is yours - join us for any or none of the practices, eat out if you prefer, or simply come and enjoy the quiet and the surrounding area.
During the day we suggest, that to unwind to a slower pace of life you don't drive too much. Of course the choice is totally yours, but we are fortunate to be connected to the surrounding area by miles of footpaths from outside our doorstep, including beaches such as the locals favourite 'Trevellas Cove' with its stunning snorkelling and low tide snorkelling lagoons; the nearby village of St Agnes with its health food shops, cafes and surfing beaches and the seafront town of Perranporth -all within an hour or so walk
Getting Here and Getting Around
- Retreats begin on 3pm Thursday evenings for three nights ending at midday on the day of departure (can be extended to five days)
- less than ten minutes off the main A30 road through Cornwall if you come by car - approx 4 1/2 hours from London (note we are down a bumpy track, you can get a car down to us but you'll need to drive slowly as it is bumpy!
- Only twenty minutes by bus or taxi from Truro mainline station (direct trains to London Paddington , Bristol , Birmingham and the West Coast Mainline, from where we can arrange pickup
- Meditation session each morning (not too early!) and evening
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day (packed lunch if you want to spend the day out)
- Teas and fruit available all day
- Functional breathwork session during your stay
- Bedding, sheets and towels
- Walks through the valley to various coves and beaches (weather dependant!)
- various complimentary therapy sessions available with visiting therapists including various massage therapies, lymphatic drainage etc- available at cost direct to the therapist
- A £150 non refundable deposit is payable upon booking (refunded if retreat is cancelled for any reason)
- To make it affordable to all we have a tiered price system