The beauty of 'Little Acorn' is how isolated it feels from the rest of the world. Even though the mainline station of Truro is barely 20minutes drive away, we are tucked away down a half mile long track with sea glimpses en route, sitting in our own protected woodland next to a wildlife reserve. Being just a couple of miles from the surfing beaches of West Cornwall it explains why it took us nearly four years to find just the right place, as well as one we could afford!
Little Acorn is a place where there really is space to stop doing and to simply be for a while. The nearest street light is over a mile away and the nearest proper road is at least half a mile. Groups are intentionally small with a maximum of five participants.
As part of our in person meditation teacher training we invite you to come and enjoy this space - starting and ending each day with an hour long guided meditation amongst the trees - either outside if the weather allows or in our own meditation room looking over the woodland. We then spend the day exploring a range of topics from the workings of the mind to teaching and practising meditation.
We take plenty of time to chew over things with cups. tea, homemade cakes and walks down to the rarely visited nature reserve next door or the nearby coast to sit or walk undisturbed. Generally if the weather is fine we all go for a walk to a nearby beach or two together.
Everyone attending gets a wholesome vegan main meal at lunchtime and for those staying with us on site you also get
breakfast and a buffet of an evening. Much of our food is grown onsite here.
There is endless tea and fruit available so help yourself :)
- Training courses begin on 9am on the first day and generally end around 3/4 pm on the last day.
- If you are staying here with us then you are welcome to arrive the day before after 4pm
- we are less than ten minutes off the main A30 road through Cornwall if you come by car - approx 4 1/2 hours from London (note we are down a bumpy track, you can get a car down to us but you'll need to drive slowly as it is bumpy!
- Only twenty minutes by bus or taxi from Truro mainline station (direct trains to London Paddington , Bristol , Birmingham and the West Coast Mainline, from where we can arrange pickup
Included in retreats and training courses:
- Meditation session each morning (not too early!) and evening
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day (packed lunch if you want to spend the day out)
- Teas and fruit available all day
- Functional breathwork session during your stay (retreats)
- Bedding, sheets and towels
- Walks through the valley to various coves and beaches (weather dependant!)
- A £150 non refundable deposit is payable upon booking (refunded if retreat is cancelled for any reason)
- To make it affordable to all we have a tiered price system